This is a great meal that everyone will love to make and eat!
1/2 cup pumpkin meat
1 cup flour
Pinch of nutmeg
Pinch of salt
Pasta sauce (fresh sage and butter/olive oil is delicious, but you can use any favorite pasta sauce!)
- Cut the shell of your pumpkin into medium-sized chunks
- Sprinkle with a little olive oil
- Bake at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes, until the meat is tender.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Scrape the meat from the skin and mash together into a smooth pulp.
- In a large bowl, mix 1 cup flour, 1 egg, 1/2 cup pumpkin meat, a sprinkle of nutmeg, and a pinch of salt into a dough (add flour if it is too sticky).
- Roll 1/4"-1/2" logs of the dough onto a floured surface, and cut into gnocchi-sized dough balls (about the size of a quarter).
- Boil water in a pot and add salt.
- Add gnocchi. In a pan, heat your sauce.
- Gnocchi is finished boiling when it floats to the top.
- Add to saucepan as gnocchi finishes cooking.
- Serve and enjoy!